Who would have thought that I would reach this far as a freelance breastfeeding coach. Truly, our Lord is a faithful God. He carried me through all these years and helped me achieved things I have never thought that I could do.
Words never seem adequate when it comes to expressing my gratefulness to so many who helped me achieve what I have now. On my 12th year anniversary this August, I would like to share my joy to the following whose trust and support propelled me to pursue my advocacy, passion and ministry:
Ms. Chiqui Brosas Hahn (Lamaze teacher), two of the most prominent OB-GYNES in MMC and some pediatricians from MMC, including the first expatriate from the U.S.embassy who paved the way for my breastfeeding journey. I remember that particular day when I met Chiqui to personally introduce myself as a breastfeeding advocate. After a thorough interview, she referred me to her Filipino-Chinese couple students who also played a major part in my breastfeeding journey. This couple became breastfeeding advocates and supported me by sharing their testimony on how they were helped by me. They also shared our lactation session video.
My journey wasn’t a walk in the park. To be a breastfeeding advocate without the experiences of a mother—conceiving or delivering a baby, lactating and latching—posed as a major challenge to me. There were critics and people looked down on me.
It was Chiqui who stood by me and encouraged me to be a breastfeeding coach. She even advised me to get in touch with the first country coordinator for lactation consultant, while Dr. Tere Henson confidently referred me to her expats moms … and the rest is history!
The glam-mamas from all over the world
Thank you for giving me your trust and for putting in a good word for me to your friends and circle of influence. I can only repay you by doing my job to the best of my ability. Rest assured that I will continue to help you overcome your challenges and reach your goals as lactating/breastfeeding moms.
Above all, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
The LORD orchestrated everything. He poured on me His favors and blessings. He connected me to the right people and gave me opportunities to share my gifts and abilities.He even made me an author to my very first book Breastfeeding Journeys Straight from the Coach. Indeed, our GOD is amazing!
God blessed me with these for my 12 years as a breastfeeding coach:
- I’m the 1st breastfeeding coach in the Philippines (single/freelance/author)
- I’m the only breastfeeding coach who’s doing lactation and coaching session (thoroughly)
- I’m the 1st non-healthcare provider invited twice to present in layman’s term for Breastfeeding Forums and given certificates of appreciation
- I’m the 1st breastfeeding coach who flew in H.K to coach a 2nd time mom with me (as I’ve coached her with her 1st child here in Manila)
- I’m the 1st who gave a Free Breastfeeding Class at Bellevue Hotel in Alabang with Free buffet merienda
- I’m the 1st who did a photo shoot for my BFJ book at the Presidential suite of Bellevue Hotel in Alabang for Free.
- I’m the 1st Filipina who authored the 1st full colored breastfeeding book with 23 lactating moms with different nationalities and testimonies that I’ve personally coached with their 1st and 2nd babies.
- My BFJ book is the 1st Breastfeeding book that NBS published and distributed
- I’m the 1st breastfeeding coach who guested in OK si DOK (CLTV36)
- I’m the 1st breastfeeding coach who is holding a clinic since 2014 (Araneta Center, Cubao)
- I’m the 1st breastfeeding coach who latches 12 grandchildren among the 14th grandchildren.
- I’m the 1st breastfeeding coach who have assisted a mom with her 1st, 2nd, 3rd born and up to her 4th and last baby.
I’ve reached this far not on my own but because of our good God who is the source of all blessings. As long as I honor God and keep His statutes, I do not have any doubt that He will take care of me and my entire household no matter what the economy or the future looks like.
As my journey continues, I will keep on learning and growing. I will continue to be a broken vessel that God can use to reach moms and babies and everyone He sends my way.