As I witnessed hundreds and thousands of different breastfeeding challenges like hormonal imbalance and postpartum depression, some mothers I’ve coached felt that their experiences are either simple or vice versa. Some thought it’s impossible or it’s simply amazing!
Question, What would you attempt to do if you know you could not fail on breastfeeding?
For the most part, the answer might lean towards a yes but deception plays a big role. Before moms even start their motherhood journey, other people give tons of advices that lead to confusion. They breathe and live with the advices which impacts the decision making of what is best for the baby.
I always tell the moms that starting today, your breasts are 3-in-1.
1.Food – Feeding him/her with your breasts
2. Pillow – allowing him/her to be in between your chest
3. Pacifier – by putting him on the breast giving your nipple to suck and put him to sleep with humming sound so you can both rest
There’s a process and ways to learn and accept these by patiently understanding that you’re now a mother and your child needs you, holistically. Now, it’s up to you to experience that wonderful moment and joy every time you’re doing it!
Giving birth is another great major decision for a woman and more so when starting with your breastfeeding journey as you’ll be shedding some sweat, tears and patience… Are you ready? Here are some additional tips or plan to help you be in the A game.
1. Create a Breastfeeding Team such as: OB-GYNE, Pediatrician, BFJourneys book, Lamaze Class, Prenatal Yoga and Breastfeeding Coach
2. Know your rights and practice it like Skin to Skin and Rooming In
3. Get help and assistance with a Breastfeeding Coach
4. Don’t give up to easily – take it one day at a time Hoping that by reading this, you can experience an enjoyable Breastfeeding Journey and you will start reading and learned that everything needs your D’s …
DECISION “you need” to be firmed and focus
DETERMINATION “you must” endure and persevere to reach your goals
DEDICATION “you should” embrace the challenges for your child as a mother.
I’m extremely excited to invite all the expectant couples/moms and breastfeeding & lactating moms (direct feeding /exclusively pumping or combi) to learn and experience practical to childbirth and motherhood together with Birthlight-trained Teachers Ines Marti, Madeleine Bertini and yours truly Coach Z for a series of Birthlight Wellness Series.
We are going to help you be equipped and ultimately ready for your journey that you’re taking as an expectant mom, breastfeeding mom and beyond. The experience would totally be different, unique and exciting to all of us. Let’s Make A Difference and Live Well! -Coach Z